Understanding The Differences Between Support and CustomizationFree Support vs Paid Customizations
There are differences between support and customization, whereas we provide support for free as long as you renew your plan with us, while customization is a separate service which will be charged at additional cost.
Commonly we figured out that our clients misunderstood what are support scope covers, hence we are here to provide examples and explain as much as we can to help you differentiate the fine line between support and customization.
Generally, support issues include helping you to fix the features that were in the system by default and it is not caused by user error or mistake.
Customizations are the effort or service where you need us to change, add or edit any existing design or feature.
Below are some examples of support issues and customization requests.
Examples that cover in Free Support:
- I’m writing content and upload them to the site’s editor as usual, however the end result appears differently in the website, I check my content it is all the same with my previous content
- The image upload feature which was working fine yesterday suddenly malfunction today, I didn’t change anything else.
- I’m not able to login to my website Admin panel, I didn’t change the password or done any changes previously.
- The sliding banners on the home page is gone for no reason.
- I’m not able to receive email from my website contact form which was working fine previously
Examples that are categorized as customizations which will be charged at extra:
- I’m bored with this button colour, please change it to some other colour.
- My visitors feedback to me that these 5 images are not looking nice, please change them for me.
- Can you move the logo from the left to the center?
- I would like to remove this section from the homepage.
- Please add a new function where I can receive email notification
- Add a new contact form to this existing page
- My website doesn’t work properly after I update the plugins on my own/installed new plugins
- Add, edit or remove a new banner / new image / new content / new page / new link
The nature of web design is that if you do not tamper with the functionality of the website, nothing can go wrong.
Issues such as email not working, website not accessible are lying within the server, which support is handled by our hosting provider.
To update plugins in your CMS (if you really need it), contact us and we will double check everything before we push the updates on your site. Updating it on your own before checking beforehand can mess up your website.
If you only add content in a regular way without changing the HTML or existing content, everything will work perfectly fine.
So, do not tamper with the code or change any settings that you are unfamiliar with.
Lastly, remember to always BACKUP before you do anything to be safe!
Extended warranty is offered to those whose free support period has expired and still wish to receive support for their system/website/service. This is limited to only support issues as mentioned above and not included customizations or new features.
Our rate for extended warranty/support is as below:
On demand: MYR200 / hour
Minimum 1 hour will be charged upon request for investigating the issues. Once we’ve investigated the issues, we’ll advise a rough estimate on how many hours will be needed to solve the issue. The actual time needed to solve the issue may be lesser or more than the estimation and customers are bound to pay the full amount.
Monthly: MYR2,000 / month (email, support portal)
Monthly: MYR3,500 / month (phone 9AM-5PM Weekdays, email, WhatsApp, social media)
All payment for extended warranty must be made in prepaid basis.
Minimum 6 months tenure.