Freeman Dyson, an English-born American theoretical physicist and mathematician, once said – “Technology is a gift of God. After the gift of life it is perhaps the greatest of God’s gifts. It is the mother of civilizations, of arts and of sciences.”
The “we have a tool for that” era has taken the world by storm. Technology amazes us every now and then – it is wonderful to see how tools make some of the hardest jobs as easy as abc. No matter if one is working as a designer, writer or a developer, it is important to optimize productivity to stay as efficient as possible. While one’s own commitment and hard work pay much, technological tools are also essential to achieve optimum productivity.
Whether you want to generate more creative ideas, make plans for a project, assign tasks to team members, or want to better utilize time, then here’s something useful for you. In this post, I’ve gathered the best online tools to enhance your productivity. Let’s have a look:
We consume a lot of content everyday in the form of articles, blogs, images, presentations, research, etc. While it is almost impossible to remember each and everything, it is hard to lose stuff that really matters. The key here is to have a place where you can make notes, store content and share it with others. This is where GNotes comes as a handy online tool for note taking and much more. What helps it outshine the rest of options available in the market is its ability to get synchronized with Gmail.
Why you should use GNotes?
- Its “Lock” feature enhances security of your data
- You can both import and export data
- You can set reminders for notes
- It is compatible working with Android, iOS and Chrome
It is almost impossible for entrepreneurs to ignore social media when it comes to branding and marketing a business. However, formulating a solid marketing strategy and managing multiple social media accounts demand time and efforts. This is where Dlvr.it can be of great aid. It continuously scans your content feeds for updates and share it across your social networks. You can queue up content to get it posted according to the desired date and time.
Why you should use Dlvr.it?
- It automatically adds relevant hashtags to your posts.
- It offers a free plan with 5 feeds, 3 social media pages and profiles.
- Its Pro plan starts at $9 per month, Ultimate plan comes at $19.99 per month and Agency plan is for $149.99 per month.
Working on a project together with team and clients can be difficult if you do not have the right tools at your disposal. Designed for individuals to teams of any sizes, ProofHub is a web-based project management and collaboration software. From to-do’s, to discussions, to calendar, to Gantt charts, to reports, to custom roles, and what not; it offers simple yet highly useful features to manage work proficiently. Plus its solid support and security keep you going smoothly all the time.
Why you should use ProofHub?
- The 30-day free trial lets you try your hands on it before you have it on board.
- You can choose from 5 different pricing plans.
- You can go for monthly or annual billing as per your convenience.
Often finding files and documents becomes a big hassle, when these are stored at disparate places. Wiping out the problem of disparate locations to store files, TeamDrive lets you keep all your files at one central place and share them with others, whenever required. This cloud based storage software also keeps at bay problems like hard drive crashing and limited availability for file keeping.
Why use TeamDrive?
- It is compatible working with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android
- You can create unlimited number of files and folders
- You can modify or revoke access to data, anytime
Managing passwords can be a big deal because it is difficult to remember different passwords for different apps. With Meldium, you can keep your passwords secure and make app access easy. You just need to connect all your programs with this service and it will log all the apps and websites in its database.
Why you should use meldium?
- It integrates with more than an impressive number of 2,000 apps.
- It allows you to share access with your virtual teams without sharing passwords, for safe, secure and productive work.
6. Snag It
Capturing images and videos from your computer screen becomes super easy when you have SnagIt in hand. This tool is highly useful for making step-by-step tutorials. You can simply save the captures on your computer or you can directly save them to your Google drive, Microsoft Office and other available options as well.
Why you should go for SnagIt?
- It offers variety of plans – personal, professional, educational, government and more…
- It lets you achieve pixel perfect accuracy through its click and drag feature
- It offers features like trimming, stamping, highlighting, special effects, etc
While you’re out of office, not being able to connect with your private internet network can hamper your productivity. In such situations, a VPN software can help you access your data within your company’s network through secured lines.
Why you should go for ExpressVPN?
- It has servers in 78 countries
- It keeps no usage logs
- It works on all major platforms
- It offers 30-day money-back guarantee
Slow communication and collaboration can impact your productivity negatively. Skype is a tool that enables you to carry out communication in real time, thus eliminating your dependence on outdated email and physical meeting rooms. You can make conference video and audio calls to conduct meetings, webinars, etc.
Why you should use Skype?
- Cheap call rates (e.g. for U.S. 89 cents/m)
- Skype for business offers online meetings, messaging, calls and video with up to 250 people
To track your productivity levels, it is quite important to keep a check on how you spend your time each day. With RescueTime, you can quickly and easily monitor the amount of time you spent on different programs, apps and websites. Simply create your account and download this app on your system.
Why you should go for RescueTime?
- Its basic version is free of cost
- It is available on windows, OS X, Linux and Android
- Its premium version is available at $6 with detailed reporting feature
As for me, majority of these tools have proved to be great support while I am juggling at work. Now my notes are better managed, my to-do’s are well defined, I can instantly connect with my team members and what not, without any hassle.
Are you using any awesome productivity tool for your work? Share your thoughts with us in the comment below.
Latest posts by Sanz Teoh (see all)
- 10 Astonishing Reasons to Transform Your Traditional Business to an Online Business - May 29, 2020
- Save Your Business from the Massive Impact of COVID-19. - March 18, 2020
- Dealing with 10 Kinds of Customers You Love or Hate - February 10, 2020